Dear Family and Friends,
This summer has been a season of learning that ownership takes a tremendous trust in Jesus at this initial stage of the new church plant project.
Summer Wrap Up
- June 10: Started WordPress blog – pastorsamuel.com
- June 16: Moved to Irvine, CA
- July 8: Introduced at Mars Hill Church Orange County as an elder in sending
- August 15: Incorporated the new church as 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the State of California.
- August 31: Opened a bank account for the church plant project.
Highlights in August
- Celebrating my father’s 83rd birthday with the whole family.
- Receiving healing and care from a Christian Chinese acupuncturist for back pain.
- Staying cool at the pools and beaches with family and friends from CA and WA.
- Yogurt Land hangouts with kids and community group folks.
- Leading two community groups in the same neighborhood.
- Bringing together a business team for the church plant project (lawyer, banker, accountant, gospel coach and board of directors).
- Lunches with people we meet on Sunday after worship, doing membership interviews with two couples for Mars Hill Church OC and several biblical counseling conversations.
- Counseling in Community training with Pastor Mike Wilkerson and his team from Seattle.
- Receiving our first church plant support check.
Coming up this month…
- Neighborhood BBQ: praying for seven families since July to engage in gentle, respectful conversations about Jesus
- Getting to know parents at our kids’ school: Karis and Kaden’s first year in public school
- Volunteering at the biggest event in the city: Global Village Festival
Mars Hill OC Replant
- Move to Orangewood Academy
- Opportunities to work with children (Mars Hill Kids) and couples (pre-marriage class)
- Opportunities to disciple men through coaching and at ReTrain
Meetings for the Formation of the New Church
- Board of Director meeting
- Branding and communication strategy meetings
- Fundraise meetings
We Need Your Support
- Pray for our marriage and our children to be rooted in this area, for relational engagements to talk about Jesus with gentleness and respect.
- We are set up to receive financial support starting September and will follow up with more details of how to give.
Jesus works through us!