Dear friends of Center Church,
Last two days of rain felt good for this region that suffers from drought for a few years. Just as the rain that poured in So.Cal. area was a good news, we covet your prayers and seek God’s outpouring of grace and mercy at the end of 2014.
Pray with and for us to be committed for the following:
1. Continued discipleship through implementing the values “Follow, Family, Friend.”
- Committed to follow Christ by building God’s family and cultivating friendship with people everyday.
2. Empowering and training ministry leads to develop ministry teams.
- Inviting and asking members to respond to the Holy Spirit’s conviction to serve and grow.
3. Clear communication from the pulpit to each person on the team.
- To build a cohesive team that carries out the mission.
I pray for the presence of God’s peace and comfort for you and your family as we celebrate and remember the birth and the first coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
“This is war” by Dustin Kensrue
This is war like you ain’t seen.
This winter’s long, it’s cold and mean.
With hangdog hearts we stood condemned,
But the tide turns now at Bethlehem.
This is war and born tonight,
The Word as flesh, the Lord of Light,
The Son of God, the low-born king;
Who demons fear, of whom angels sing.
This is war on sin and death;
The dark will take it’s final breath.
It shakes the earth, confounds all plans;
The mystery of God as man.