Dear friends of Center Church,
We find joy and happiness in sharing both our successes and struggles because the gospel of Jesus is displayed in our faith, failures, and formation of the local body of Christ with people from diverse age groups, backgrounds, and cultures.
While the progress we make may seem slow and small in comparison to our own expectations and of others, we are learning to put focus on our relationship with Jesus, with one another, and with the world regardless of how fast, how efficient, and how exponential the world moves and influences.
Pray with us and for us for the following points:
1. Integrity in Leadership
– Pray that our pastors (Lead Pastor, Samuel Choi and Interim Pastor, Thien Doan) and deacons (Deacon Joseph Abesamis and Deacon Joanna Wong) to value being present with Jesus in order that the power of the Holy Spirit would qualify and equip them for discipling and developing members for the ministry.
2. Intentionality in Membership
– Pray that our member meeting this month (18th) will encourage and equip members to be intentional in their commitments to follow Christ, grow as family and be a friend with people God calls them to love. Also, pray for the Training Event with Peter Jones (8th), “The Truth and the Lie about Sexuality.”
3. Authenticity in Community
– Pray that we find value in small talks with intentions toward the presence of God, simple but consistent discussion of the gospel, and openness to change and commitment to follow Jesus. We have three community groups that meet throughout the week: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings.
We thank you for your prayers, support, and thoughts for our church family as we live and learn what it looks like to follow Jesus everyday.